After so long, I realize there are new people reading my blog and I want to make sure everyone knows who I am, the woman behind the lens. These are always my favorite posts because you get to learn more about me than you typically would outside of a blog.
10 Things About Kaytee Lorentzen
- I was born and raised in Greenwood, Indiana and graduated from Center Grove High School. I spent my entire childhood here and only moved houses once and that was because my family was growing and we needed some more space.
- I went to Ball State University and graduated with a bachelor's degree in photojournalism with a minor in philosophy. (I honestly just thought it was very interesting, and it challenged the way people think). I was involved in many organizations and held a part-time job as a server at Outback Steakhouse. I am really not sure how I wasn't overworked.
- I keep busy. I am constantly working or doing something with my day. It's very rare I have NOTHING on my calendar and I prefer it that way. I feel very unproductive if I sit around doing "nothing" all day. My motto is "I have got to hustle while I can."
- I am an introvert. Is that really a shocker of someone who prefers to be behind a camera? I like to share the fact that introvert does not always mean shy. (But, yes, I am shy). It just simply means that I "recharge" by being alone, not by being surrounded by people. My "me" time is sacred. Going to the gym, reading a book, taking an online class, organizing my calendar, taking a bath is all things I love to do to help me "recharge."
- My favorite things to watch on television are Game of Thrones, Fixer Upper, and ANYTHING on the Food Network. If you talk to me about any of these, I will become your best friend.
- I wish I was able to travel more. I love to travel and see new places and experience new cultures, and I am not always able to do this. Mainly just because of the time and I would have to ask off work. However, I am planning a trip next summer to Denmark for two reasons: my ancestors are Danish (my last name is super common over there) and I have a pen pal in Denmark that I have never met. Next summer will be our ten years of knowing each other through Facebook so we decided that we would finally meet in person then.
- The way to my heart is through my stomach. I love food. I love to eat food. I love everything about the experience of food. I should weigh 3x my weight with how much I love food. I recently went grain free so that way I can lose some of that weight that I have gained from food. Even though that was a sad day for me, whenever it starts to show I will know that it is worth it.
- I love to dance. Most of the time by myself. When I was in high school I had no idea what I was doing when it came to dancing. You can ask my junior year prom date (I was awful and awkward). My best friend at the time is an AMAZING dancer. She was carefree and just looked awesome on the dance floor. It wasn't until we both were in college our freshman year that she taught me how to dance. Since then, I have loved dancing. I just wish there was a hip hop inspired dance studio for adults in Bloomington. (New business idea? If I can find teachers then you will be seeing this in the future).
- My mind is constantly running with ideas. If I never had to sleep, I wouldn't. These ideas and ways to make these ideas happen would be constantly going on. I would have more time for these wonderful ideas and could become a reality. (Example: I want to learn to garden, work out, eat healthily - and actually prepare healthy food, read more, and so on).
- Photography is my passion. No secret here that I love photography. Growing up, I loved having a camera in my hand. I still remember getting my first real camera. It was a plastic black camera (that probably cost next to nothing) that ran with film and I took pictures of everything. For real, I had photos printed of every single item in my room one time. The only reason I know this is because I still have all of my photos in my parent's house in a box. After learning the right way to everything in photo class in high school I knew for sure that is what I wanted my life to be. I wanted to take photographs and show everyone the little and big things in this world.
I am glad I was able to share a little bit about me to my wonderful followers. Is there anything else you want to know about me? What do you want to know? Comment below to ask!
Owner & Photographer
Kaytee Lorentzen Photography