It’s the beginning of the year and it’s been a while since I have really introduced myself to anyone new following along. So I thought I would start by sharing 10 things you probably didn’t know about me.
1. I have a new found love of being healthy. I had gone my whole life being skinny and little and could eat WHATEVER I wanted and did not have to work out. It wasn’t until I couldn’t fit into my clothes anymore that I realized that my reality had changed. The beginning of 2018, I decided I was just about over it. I was so fed up with my clothes not fitting, feeling extremely uncomfortable in anything and feeling awful. I wanted to take control of my health. I have started working out at least 4x a week, and meal prepping every week. I still have some work to do, but I reached my first goal just before the year end of losing 25 pounds. Now onto the next goal, my dream body. It’s more muscle and toned. I am SURE I can make it this year.
2. I am very good at getting things for a deal. Growing up, my dad did the grocery shopping and the cooking. He taught me how to make the lists, look for coupons and look through the ads to find the best deals. We lived in a city that had 3-4 grocery stores within a mile. He would go through each ad to see which store had the best deals. He even taught me about what is something you want to constantly have on hand and what is really dumb to have in your house. I took this with me up to now. I online coupon, look for promos, base my meal prep off of what is on sale for the week, and even wait for something to go on sale and have a coupon before I buy it. I like to use it as a game when shopping for groceries. It’s like what can I make that is healthy, but I can get a good deal on?
3. I am slightly obsessed with my dog. I don’t have any children, and so I have a fur child instead. She is super cute and is a firecracker of sass. I had never had a dog before her because my family is a cat family. I am the only one who has ever had a dog. She is my little model and she LOVES it. She knows she is cute and all she has to do is flash a smile and she can get away with things. She is totally worth it.
4. I love to dance. I used to be REALLY bad at it. Until the day, my high school best friend, Danielle, showed me how to dance. I always envied her dance moves and it was so cool of her to help me out. I always had it in me, I just didn’t know how to really move it right. I still love to dance now. I have even taken hip-hop classes before. However, I prefer the dance like a fool moves now instead.
5. If Game of Thrones or Law & Order: SVU is on, I can EASILY binge watch that all day (& night). Those are my absolute favorite shows and I could not stop if they were on. I always want to know what happens next. Even if I have seen this episode 1,000,000 times, I still want to see the next thing.
6. Get my immediate family together and you will have no idea what just happened. What I mean is that we are talkers, and loud ones. It sounds like a constant run on sentence with different voices for an hour or two straight. Even if there is someone new around. They may get 5 minutes of being able to talk and then that’s it. So pressure is on to try to impress us in 5 minutes. We can’t help it. It’s just how we always have been.
7. I used to be the pickiest eater and now I can’t put food down. Ask my parents, I would pretty much refuse to eat anything to a point where the doctor’s started having concerns. I preferred to eat bread over candy and hated anything that I wasn’t familiar with. Until my dad one day was fed up with it when we were on vacation and we were at the only restaurant for over an hour distance and he said, “Don’t say you don’t like it until you’ve tried it.” That sentence changed my life. I tried jambalaya that day. It was AMAZING. Ever since then, I love to try new foods. I love to eat all of the foods! Except celery. I really don’t like that.
8. I am really good at math, but I hate doing it. My dad is also very good at math and all the numbers. He made a career out of it. Me though? The part I hate the most about my business is the numbers part. It’s so exhausting. I know how to do it, and I am pretty good at it, but I just hate it.
9. Traveling gives me the biggest adrenaline rush. I love to travel. This past summer, I went on a trip to Denmark and Croatia by myself. I met one of my online friends for the first time without being 100% sure that he was real. Was it terrifying? Yes. Would I do it again? Also yes. It was amazing to know that I did that. I traveled internationally by myself. It feels the same even if I am just going somewhere for a vacation. I could be traveling to Texas and still get that rush. I hope to make it my normalcy some day.
10. I am going to be very vulnerable in this next one. I am scared. I am scared of doing wrong. I am scared that doing this could be for nothing. I am scared that I am trying to do this crazy thing and failing at it miserably. I try really hard to just be optimistic, but the realist in me says otherwise. Being an entrepreneur is hard freaking work. Did anyone say it was easy? No. But I thought I would be different. It’s one of the hardest things I am going through. It’s not for everyone and I refuse to be the everyone.
So there you have it, 10 things you didn’t know about me. Thank you for allowing me to open up and tell you more about me. I encourage you to do the same and write things down about you that you typically don’t share with the world. Maybe share one. If you do, post it below in the comments.
If you want to get to know me more, sign up for my newsletter here!