Bloomington has so much to offer, especially in the summer. It may not seem like there is a lot happening with all the students gone, but it’s still a lively community. I wanted to share the top 5 of my favorite things to do in Bloomington during the summer.
Going to the Farmer’s Market is one of my favorite things to do. It combines me being in the sun and warmth with my love of food and support for local businesses. Plus, so many things to photograph! There is an eclectic array of people and food items. Not only can you get your produce and sometimes meat there, but you can also get flowers, and even shop some local bakeries and coffee shops.
Not only is this something that I think you should do on the water, but also the area surrounding Lake Monroe is perfect to explore. Go hiking on a trail or even set up a tent and camp. Maybe rent a boat or a kayak and explore the water. You could even go fishing.
Bike around town
Do a photo tour
This just simply means find some awesome backdrops throughout Bloomington. It’s crazy the little nooks and crannies you can find in and right out of town. Maybe you could even document it and write a blog post.
Have a picnic at Oliver Winery
I may be a little biased towards Oliver Winery because I have done some sessions there, but honestly a park or any place with some grass would be a great location for a picnic (find some shade under a tree though so you don’t melt). Get a few of your favorite bites together (you could even pick something up at a local store like Bloomingfoods) and head out for a nice day in the park.
Bloomington just has so much more to offer that I could go into. I chose these five because they have all of my favorite things combined into them. You can get creative or even check out visitbloomington.com for more ideas.
When his eyes met hers, you could see the undeniable love he had for her. She was his everything, so much to a point that we did these photos for her and even laid in the grass (which come to find out later, he is allergic to and broke out in hives).
Leaina is my co-worker and one of my close friends. When Tyler proposed I immediately said to her, “Can I do your photos?!” I am so happy she allowed me to capture those moments for her. Tyler was a true sport as we just went along with all of my requests. I couldn’t thank them enough for being more than willing to climb what felt like 3,000 stairs to get these photos.
Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity and have such a blast during your session. Even when I made sure it was safe for you to use the tree branch, but not for me and fall on my face. You both made it so fun and enjoyable.
Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE my dog, Kora. She is my fur child and my one and only baby. She is so spontaneous, loving and intelligent dog and I know she is just a dog, but I thought maybe you would enjoy seeing a day in her life. So I present to you Kora’s day of fun!
○ Cuddle with Mom and tell her it’s time to go outside.
○ Get treats because I am awesome
○ Give Mom or Dad a toy because I want to play. It varies from day to day, but today I think we are going to choose the rope.
○ I think I will nibble on some of my food and drink up some water. Playing gave me a little appetite.
○ It’s time for my monthly heart worm and flea and tick prevention medications. However, Mom doesn’t know that I really think these are treats.
○ Mom is here today, so I am going to explore the basement while she works out.
○ When Mom & Dad aren’t here, I typically nap the whole day. It takes me a while to fall asleep for my nap when they are here because I don’t want to miss anything important.
○ I follow Mom everywhere. I mean it. Everywhere. To the kitchen, to the bathroom, to our room, outside, even to her car. She does try to keep me out of the bathroom when she is taking a shower, but I will be RIGHT outside the door waiting for her when she is done.
○ Mom tries to take me on a walk as much as possible, but if we can’t go anywhere to walk, we just take laps in the driveway.
○ My favorite is fetch. Mom uses the ball launcher that makes it go really far and I like that so I can run REALLY fast.
○ So I got really dirty outside, so Mom says I need a bath. I am really not a fan of these. Especially when they have to use the evil hair dryer on me. Just because I have a lot of hair doesn’t mean I need that. So I am going to protest and just lay here until they decide that I don’t need one.
○ Another nap time.
○ It’s dinner time! However, I typically just graze the food throughout the evening.
○ When Mom and Dad get home from work, I like to play constantly. I want their attention. I want them to scratch me all over. I am told I am very vocal about this.
○ It’s time to settle down for bed. I am not picky about where I sleep. I like the couches downstairs, my bed in Mom and Dad’s room, their bed or the floor. As long as I make it right up next to Mom by the next morning, I am fine.
○ SOME OF MY FAVORITE THINGS: Daycare, park, rope toys, “baby”, fetch, riding in the car with Mom, getting treats from ANY drive through window.
If you can’t tell, my dog has a really exciting life. She is very intelligent and loves to learn new things. She is also very loyal and loves to protect me. If you want to follow along more about my dog, follow me on my personal Instagram (and business one as well).
Do you have some furry friends that you think are your babies too? Let me know about them! Drop a photo of them.
I have known Ania for almost two years. I work with her mother at a medical office and see her come in a few times. She has such a bubbly personality and is always smiling. I have used her on a styled session before so she knew what I would deliver.
When she first approached me about doing prom photos, I immediately said yes. I knew it would be a wonderful experience and that she could take direction very well. Her mom and I decided on Oliver Winery in Bloomington as it was really pretty and easy to walk around for many photo opportunities. As the day got closer, the rain forecast was getting more accurate to showering right in the middle of our session time.
I made sure to have some open time before hand so if Ania got her hair and makeup done early, I could run over there and try to get them in before the rain. We were able to get over there 4 hours early from the original time. There was still some slight forecast of rain, so I prayed to the rain gods and requested them to wait until we were done. They must like me because the rain held off.
Ania and Levi DELIVERED! They were amazing to work with and were up to my crazy ideas, and Levi might have got an arm workout in at the same time since I requested lifts. They also knew the possibility of rain and were totally up to using a clear umbrella to add to the photos if needed. (Luckily we didn’t, but were up for it).
I am very excited to share with you the sneak peeks of Ania & Levi’s prom session. Thank you both so much for trusting me to capture this amazing moment in your lives. I hope you enjoy them!